Monday, January 4, 2010

1.4.09- First Remix of the New Year!

1.4.10

1.4.10 scarf

1.4.10 detail

Shirt: Gap, altered by me
Cardigan: Christmas gift from Mom
Skirt: Dress worn as skirt, Ross
Leggings: Vera Wang for Kohl's
Socks: Hue, Christmas gift from Mom
Boots: Groundhog shoes
Scarf: Ross

So this morning, I was determined to do something a little bit different. I wanted to layer a shirt with a dress like all the (other) cool fashion bloggers! Well, once I started trying out different combos I couldn't escape the feeling that I looked a little like Angela Chase circa the 1995. You know, she was always layering shirts and tank tops and dresses. And, then I started saying things like " I am so over Jordon Catalano" and I realized that no one needed to relive the 90s, even if My So called Life was so totally awesome. Anyone else with me, here? Anyways, I decided that instead of layering this dress over a t-shirt as a dress, I could make it into a skirt! What a great way to refashion my wardrobe, especially since I have a ton of dresses but not very many skirts.

I think one of my promises to myself for the New Year (ok, ok, I'll admit that it is kind of a resolution) will be to get more creative with my wardrobe and try to wear old things in new and exciting ways so that they don't get shoved to the back of my closet. What about ya'll, do you have any fashion resolutions?

5 comments:

  1. I am always wanting to stretch myself beyond the safe and staid, that's one of the reasons I blog and celebrate other fashion bloggers creativity! The sunglasses look great on you and I love the skirt's color and pattern.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi megan! oh my goodness, this outfit is just my most favorite ever! the color palette is gorgeous, and I love the mix of prints between the "skirt" and scarf. oh and those fabulous boots are just, well, fabulous as always :)

    my fashion goal for the year is to round out my wardrobe. I hate buying something and then feeling like it doesn't fit in with my other clothes... and I like knowing what I"m looking for, having purpose when shopping! I want to make a dream list of all of the components of my ideal wardrobe, and then I can go about filling in where I want little by little. Hmm I feel a blog post idea coming on...

    p.s. oh holy cow I just looooove My So-Called Life. i had the biggest crush on jordan catalano... he's so dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you wore this dress as a skirt and it has a fantastic print! My resolution is to wear what I want and not worry that a complete stranger might be thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to remix your wardrobe! I love the color scheme you have going here.

    www.spoilsofwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours! I love those sunglasses soooo much!
    And the pattern mixing between the scarf and skirt is spot on.

    ReplyDelete