Friday, May 24, 2013

Me-Made-May Outfit 12... and, oh yeah, that other MMM pledge I made...

Untitled
Shirt: Grainline Studio Tiny Pocket Tank V1

Hey oh! Happy Friday! And, for us in the US, happy long weekend Friday! Yay! I wore this yesterday to the office... boring. I think Me-Made-May has forced me to be little more creative with my outfits, which is great. For a while there I was just wearing me made stuff because I was so excited about it, but now I'm trying to integrate it more with store bought clothes, which means that 75% of my wardrobe is no longer going to waste. After all, the most ethical clothes that you have are the ones that are already in your closet, right? I love my me-mades, but I need to either start wearing the rest of my stuff or just get rid of it!

In other news, did ya'll forget about that other half of my me-made pledge? 

I also resolve to make two items that will accommodate my dress code at work and outdoor hobbies (hiking/ rafting) so that I will be able to wear more than two items a week by the end of the month.
  
Oh yeah, that one. I actually hadn't forgotten, i had just been insanely busy and had set aside about half of last weekend to work on my awesome gear making plans. But then there was THE EBAY SAGA. In which I had ordered and received the Jalie 2796 Skort pattern (and even the associated sports bra pattern), consulted with the amazing Kathy of Kathhhhhy Sews about her experience with the pattern, and ordered some awesomely printed supplex from Ebay. Which was clearly my first mistake. Because when the fabric got here, it was SO NOT SUPPLEX. After about 24 hours of panic (during which I revenge sewed B4790) because MUST HAVE SKORT FOR RIVER TRIP IN A MONTH, I took Kathy's advice and ordered some supplex from fabricmart, like I should have done in the first place. Plus, it was 30% off, so that was a nice bonus. Note to self: don't be taken in my awesome looking printed supplex on Ebay, its not the real thing!! 

And then I decided that when life hands you lemons non-stretch nylon, you make lemonade a pair of shorts that will also be completely awesome for the river trip from that pattern you picked up a thrift store a few months ago. 

Untitled

And guess what, guys? They are totally awesome (if not a little eye-bleed inducing)! Pictures forthcoming, hopefully live action shots from when I get the raft out this weekend. Speaking of, what exciting plans do ya'll have?

 signature2

4 comments:

  1. That's a great pic! And revenge sewed -- HA! That's awesome. Looking forward to seeing your shorts. Hmmm...exciting plans...seeing the new Star Trek movie tonight, going to a "sewing party" tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sewing party?? i'm so jealous!! try as i might, i can't ever get anyone into sewing parties!! i think they all think i'm crazy.

      Delete
  2. Don't forget Spandex House for wonderful sportswear fabric!

    ReplyDelete